Numdaji Kwei Children’s Centre has three children’s rooms broken into the following:
Nursery Room: Children aged 3 months – 2 years
Toddler Room: Children aged 2-3 years
Kinder Room: Children aged 3-5 years
Welcome to the Nursery Room where children aged from 3 months to 2 years are invited.
Children in this room are nurtured by a quality program implemented by qualified and caring educators. The room has a flexible routine to cater to individual children’s needs. With a maximum of only 8 children per day and 2 educators, the room provides a homely atmosphere.
Babies Room Philosophy
We are committed to providing high quality care along with a welcoming environment for your child/children to help them feel safe and secure with their educators and peers. The children’s individual needs and interests will always come first and we believe it is the most important aspect of being an Early Childhood Educator.
We understand that each child develops at their own pace, so activities are devised for their individual age and ability.
- Provide a safe and loving environment, where children can grow and develop their early independence.
- Provide effective communication with children, families and educators.
- Treat each child as an individual and as an equal free from bias.
- Acknowledge all families diversities, religious beliefs and cultural identities.
- Encourage learning through play based experiences in both our indoor and outdoor environments while following the Early Years Learning Framework.
Welcome to the Toddler Room where children aged from 2 years to 3 years are invited.
The Toddler Room can take up to 12 children per day with 3 educators. The Toddler Room provides an emergent curriculum and caters for different learning styles to enhance children’s learning.
Toddler Room Philosophy
As Early Childhood Educators we aim to provide a welcoming, nurturing, engaging and stimulating environment, offering each child with the opportunity to learn, play and grow. By providing a safe and nurturing environment we will help all children to develop a strong sense of identity and belonging while catering for their individual needs and interests.
To encourage children’s development in all areas we will provide open ended play based learning opportunities. We understand that each child develops at their own pace, so activities are offered for their individual abilities and interests in both their indoor and outdoor environment.
When planning the curriculum, we follow the Early Years Learning Framework and we endeavour to provide children with a developmentally appropriate child-centred program and atmosphere. The curriculum is guided by observations and assessments which gives us as educators insight into the development, knowledge and skill level of each child.
We strive to work collaboratively with our families and co-workers by building on respectful, trusting, nurturing and equitable relationships which supports children in their social and emotional wellbeing.
Welcome to the Kinder Room where children aged from 3 years to 5 years are invited. The room holds 22 children a day with 2 educators. The room is led by a Diploma Qualified Educator and also has a funded 4 year old Kindergarten Program led by a qualified Teacher holding a Bachelor of Early Childhood, who plans individual learning plans for children. Children who wish to participate in our 4 year old kindergarten program are required to attend a minimum of 3 days.
Kinder Room Philosophy
We will provide a learning environment for the children that is warm, nurturing, fun and stimulating. It will be safe and healthy and well supervised. We will foster children’s development by motivating and inspiring the children to be the best learners they can be. We believe it is important to be aware of diversity and multiculturalism within the community in which we live. We aim to reflect diversity throughout the room, as well as in our programming. We believe that Early Childhood Education is the foundation of the child’s future.
Our vision is to develop and sustain positive and meaningful partnerships with families, professionals and our community. We are actively advocating and implementing holistic programs for the children to become effective community members for the future.
In relation to the Educational Program and Practice:
- We are committed to play based curriculum. We believe in a child initiated, adult facilitated program where children are offered opportunities to develop dispositions which will be the foundation for lifelong learning. We will celebrate children’s agency and plan for further opportunity for the children to succeed.
- All curriculum decisions are based on the Early Learning Years Framework.
- To provide a balanced and relaxed learning environment where children are given the opportunity to play, discover and develop at their own rate and level.
- To allow time for children to refine and practice skills that they have learnt to feel confident and happy.
- To promote and create a positive and flexible indoor and outdoor environment that is inviting and full of possibilities.
- To promote open and honest communication with our families, respecting their thoughts and their opinions and incorporating these suggestions into our program when appropriate.
- To promote and support sustainable practices within the room.